Sunday, February 4, 2018

Chicken Salad {21 DFX Style}


Hands down...this is my favorite chicken salad recipe! It is amazing, easy to make, healthy, and my husband loves it! I can also make it on Sunday, and we can eat on it throughout the week.  I love the honey mustard dressing you make as well.  I actually make a bunch and keep the extra for my salads and sauce for chicken! It came from the Fixate cookbook.  I make a few modifications, but we love it.  

3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken breast
1/2 cup chopped green apple
1/2 cup seedless red or green grapes, cut in half
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup Honey Mustard Dressing (see below)

Honey Mustard Dressing
1/2 cup reduced fat plain Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, gluten-free
3 Tbsp. raw honey
3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

For the dressing, combine yogurt, mustard, honey, and vinegar in a medium bowl and mix well. Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly until well blended. Combine chicken, apple, grapes, almonds, green onions, and Honey Mustard Salad Dressing in a large bowl. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.

A healthy serving would be 1 1/4 cup of chicken salad served over two cups of lettuce.  Enjoy!
Much love ~ Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top