This is probably one of our new favorite recipes! Like, we took one bite, and said they needed to be put on our master list of recipes immediately! Because of the ingredients and how you cook it, they taste like they have been fried, but not really! I served them with a healthier version of Bang Bang Shrimp sauce, and I literally had to walk away from it before I ate way too many! I got the recipe from our Cooking Light Magazine which you can find here. I modified a few things, and did not cook the broccoli like the recipe! {I'm lazy and just microwaved ours!}
Ingredients
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on)
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Whisk together brown sugar, Sriracha, and egg whites in a shallow dish. Combine panko and sesame seeds in a shallow dish. Working in batches, add shrimp to egg mixture; dredge in panko mixture.
Heat 1Tbsp canola oil and 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add half of dredged shrimp; cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with 1 Tbsp canola oil, remaining 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, and remaining half of dredged shrimp. Sprinkle cooked shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Ingredients for Sauce:
3 T plain greek low-fat/fat free yogurt
3 T chopped green onion, plus more for garnish
1 1/2 T sweet chili sauce (I used Franks brand)
1/2-3/4 T sriracha sauce (Mexican aisle)
A good healthy serving would be 3/4 cup of shrimp, 2 Tbsp of sauce, and a cup of steamed broccoli for a good side!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
Much love ~
Becky
Looks so good! I’m trying this tomorrow night! Thanks for the recipe. So glad I found your blog on the Wednesday link-up !
ReplyDeleteThey were SOO good and healthy! We loved them.
Delete