Raise your hand if you love a good slow-cooker/crockpot recipe! 🙋 Me times two. I love using my slow-cooker/crockpot during the winter, so I wanted to get some good and healthy recipes to use in the summer. We are just as busy during the summer as we are during the winter so I find it very helpful to use my slow-cooker/crockpot. Below are some of the best recipes I have found so far! It appears we like Mexican-themed meals, but these are easy and delicious, and we will be eating them all summer.
I got all of these from various website or
cookbooks, so I made sure to put a link.
I do modify a couple of things to adjust to my family’s taste or to make
things easier on me, but I follow most of the recipes exactly. My husband once told someone that he wouldn’t
necessarily call me a good cook as much as he would call me a good
recipe-follower. I am still considering
that a compliment.
Fiesta Chili - when you think of chili you
don’t really think of summer time, but this is more of a Mexican chili that you
can eat with chips or over a sweet potato or hotdog. The link takes you to a recipe to cook over
the stove, but I changed it up to a crockpot recipe in my directions I
posted.
1 pound of lean ground beef (sirloin preferred)
2, 15 oz cans of tomato sauce
1, 15 oz can of diced fire roasted tomatoes, not drained 1, 15 oz can of Rotelle, not drained
1, 15 oz can of Red Kidney Beans, drained & rinsed
1, 15 oz can of corn, drained
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoons of minced garlic
1 Tbsp chili powder
1⁄2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp of brown sugar
Directions:
1. Brown ground beef and drain excess fat.
2. Combine the cooked beef with all other ingredients in the crockpot and cook
on low for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Serve with chips and 2 Tbsp of cheese if desired.
*one serving is 2 cups of chili with 6 chips.
Buffalo Chicken Tacos - The chicken mixture you
make in the slow-cooker is so good. It
is good in the tacos as stated in the recipe or I like to eat mine over lettuce
sometimes if I have eaten too many carbs that day.
1-2lbs chicken breast
2tsp Original Red Hot/chicken breast (just hot sauce not buffalo sauce)
1tsp Dried Chives
1/2tsp Ground Black Pepper
2tsp Onion Powder
2tsp Garlic Powder
2tsp Dried Parsley
1tsp Dried Dill
1/4tsp Himalayan Salt (sea salt is ok too)
2T Butter
3T Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt
Hard Corn Taco Shells or soft whole wheat tortillas
Cheese, lettuce, green onions, additional Red Hot for topping
*If you like your buffalo chicken really spicy you can bump it to 1T/chicken breast. If you get it too spicy just add a little more greek yogurt in the end to tame it down. You can also play if safe and top it with a few drops upon preparation for extra spice-and it looks pretty!
Place chicken, red hot, and seasonings in slow cooker. Cook on low all day if you are working away from home (if you’re at home it will be done in about 6 hours). Shred chicken, stir in butter and Greek yogurt. Let ingredients cook at least 15 more minutes to all combine. Assemble tacos with your choice of toppings.
(https://abbeyswholelife.com/2016/09/30/fiesta-chili/)
Chicken Taquitos - With this recipe you make the chicken
mixture in the slow-cooker, and then you add them to the tortilla to cook in
the oven for a few minutes. This extra
bit of work is so worth it though because the tortillas come out nice and
crispy!
1 1/2 lbs raw skinless chicken tenders
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp ground cumin
salt, to taste
16 oz roasted salsa verde (I just used jarred salsa verde)
Season chicken with garlic powder, oregano, cumin and salt and place in the bottom of the slow cooker. Cover with salsa verde, cover and cook HIGH 2 hours. Remove chicken, shred with 2 forks. Remove 2/3 cup of liquid from the slow cooker, and discard (unless you want it over rice). Place shredded chicken back into the crock pot with remaining salsa, adjust seasoning to taste if needed and keep warm.
NUTRITION INFORMATION
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1/2 cup,
Beef Stroganoff - This recipe is for the sauce,
and then you have to cook your preference of noodle to pour it over. I just use egg noodles and cook them on the
stove right before the sauce is done. I
do know you can also put the noodles in the slow-cooker to cook when there is
probably 45-30 minutes left, but I am not sure on the exact time.
2 lbs 93% lean ground beef
1/4 t salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 c chopped onions
2 T tomato paste
16 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced (I couldn’t fine cremini, so I just used regular mushrooms)
2 sprigs fresh thyme (I left this part out for my family)
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1 c light sour cream
1/4 c all-purpose flour
4 t chicken boullion (I just used cubes)
1 t sweet paprika
1/4 c chopped fresh parsley for garnish
egg noodles
Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, breaking into chunks, and seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Drain fat if necessary.
Reduce heat to medium and add onions and tomato paste. Cook until onions are soft, about 4 to 5 minutes longer. Transfer to slow cooker and add mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme. Blend 1 1/2 cups of water, sour cream, flour, chicken bouillon, and paprika until smooth. (I just whisked these all together because I was lazy and did not want to get my blender out…still good). Pour over ground beef, cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Discard thyme if you used it. Serve over cooked egg noodles and garnish with parsley if desired.
1 serving = ¾ cup of sauce over ½ cup of noodles
Pork Carnitas - we eat this over chips, corn
tortillas, or some times add a little bit of barbecue sauce and eat on an
open-faced barbecue sandwich…so good!
1 (3-pound) boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), trimmed
5 teaspoons of minced garlic
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 chipotle chiles canned in adobo sauce, drained and chopped
20 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
2/3 cup chopped onion
2/3 cup bottled salsa
2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
10 lime wedges
Make 1/2-inch-deep slits on outside of roast; stuff with garlic. Combine cumin and next 3 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl. Place roast in a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker. Sprinkle pork on all sides with spice mixture.
Combine juices and chipotle chiles. Pour juice mixture over pork. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until pork is tender.
Remove pork from slow cooker; shred with 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Combine shredded pork and 1/2 cup cooking liquid; toss well.
Spoon 1 1/2 ounces pork mixture onto each tortilla; top each with 1 1/2 teaspoons onion, 1 1/2 teaspoons salsa, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.






The buffalo chicken tacos look great! Pinned and will be making soon!
ReplyDeleteThey are so good. It's not my recipe to claim but it is definitely worth trying. Let me know what you think.
Delete