Guys...these are so good...like so good. And so easy...and it's a slow-cooker recipe! I really wasn't expecting them to be as good as they were, but my husband and I loved them {my daughter too}, and we both ate some for leftovers the next day! I followed the recipe from Mix and Match Mama's Simmers cookbook exactly except for the cheese and the bread. My store did not have sourdough bread or gruyere cheese so I had to by regular french bread and Muenster Cheese. I don't think the cheese was a big difference, but you best believe next time, I'm finding the sourdough bread!
Here is her recipe:
1 pound of ground beef {I used 96% fat free}
Extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
2 onions, chopped
3 cups of beef stock
1 Tbsp of dijon mustard
3 Tbsp of worestiresauce
Sourdough break, thick slices
2 cups of of gruyere cheese
Parsley for garnish, chopped
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef in a drizzle of olive oil. Once browned, add a big pinch of both salt and pepper before transferring the meat to your slow-cooker. Next, add the onions, beef stock, Dijon, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover the lid and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
About 15 minutes before you're read to eat, preheat your oven to 425 degrees. On a baking sheet, lay out four slices of the bread. Remove the lid from your slow-cooker and ladle a generous portion of the ground beef on top of each piece of break. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted. Remove from the oven and garnish.
My healthy serving was 1 slice of bread with 3/4 cup of the beef mixture, and 2 Tbsp of the cheese.
Can't wait for you try it!
Much love ~ Becky

No comments :
Post a Comment