Thursday, September 14, 2017

September Slow-Cooker Challenge Day 9 ~ Buffalo Chicken Sliders


So, I will have to be honest.  I really have know idea if these are good or not because I am currently dealing with some sinus issues and congestion, and everything tastes exactly the same.  My husband said he liked them.  He said they weren't out of this world good, but he expected me to be a little more excited about them.  I had to remind him of my lack of taste, and he said, "Well, sorry!" 

They were super easy to make, so that is a plus.  I got the recipe from Wildree, and I used some of their seasonings to make the buffalo chicken. 

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (6 ounce) can of tomato paste
1 Tbsp of butter
2 Tbsp of red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp of Wildree Blazin' Buffalo Blend
1/2 Tbsp of Wildtree Creamy Ranch Dressing & Dip Mix
Slider buns
shredded lettuce
1/2 cup of blue cheese

Place the chicken breast in the crockpot.  Mix the tomato paste, butter, red wine vinegar, Buffalo Blend, and Rand Dressing Mix together, and pour over the chicken.  Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Shred chicken with forks, and place it on slider bun topped with lettuce and blue cheese crumbles.  I served some broccoli, carrots, and tater tots with our sliders. 

My healthy serving was 3/4 cup of chicken on the bottom of the slider bun (not top), 1/4 cup of lettuce, and 2 Tbsp of blue cheese.  I also had 3/4 cup of broccoli.  My kids ate some broccoli, a few carrots with ranch, and, of course tater tots and ketchup.

Let me know if you try it out.  
Much love ~ Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top