I am not a roast person. I think I have only tried to cook it once, and it's not necessarily something I have a craving for. But this roast recipe might have converted me! It was amazing! My husband and daughter loved it too.
Ingredients
3-4 pound roast
1/4 cup of butter (sliced into small pieces)
1 package of ranch dressing mix
1 package of au jus gravy mix
5 Peperoncino peppers
I rubbed the seasonings all over the roast, and then put it in the crockpot. Then, I placed the small pieces of butter all over the roast as well as the peppers. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
I did make one small change to the recipe though, and that was I only used 1/4 cup of butter rather than 1 cup of butter. I am also not real crazy about the Au Jus Gravy Mix seasoning and the sodium percentage, so I think next time I make it, I am going to try to substitute that seasoning. But it is definitely something I am putting on the permanent dinner rotation list. My husband even talked about having the roast beef on sandwiches with cheese and horseradish sauce! So good!
A healthy serving would be 3/4 cup of 4 oz of roast. I had 1/2 cup of green beans, and 1 cup of cooked cabbage as well.
Much love ~ Becky

No comments :
Post a Comment