Friday, September 8, 2017

September Slow Cooker Challenge Day 5 ~ General Tso's Chicken


Happy Friday! Well, we made it a whole week with slow-cooker meals.  I feel like we have had two really good ones and three "okay" ones.  Today's was one of the really good ones! 

One thing that I have found interesting is that I thought I would be super excited to have slow-cooker meals all week because it would be less work and less stress, but some mornings I have been quite stressed trying to get the meal ready in the crockpot, and I feel like I have had to run the dishwasher twice as much.  Maybe its just been this crazy week we have had, and despite it being the shortest week since school has started, it has felt like the longest week yet! 

But this slow-cooker recipe from The Recipe Critic was so good, and just what we needed to end our week.  When the chicken was done, I cooked some frozen brown rice in the microwave (best thing every created) and dinner was served! I wanted to cook some broccoli to go with it for a vegetable side, but when I went to the freezer to get, I was out.  Oh well! 

A healthy serving would be 3/4 C of the chicken, 1/2 C of brown rice, and if you had it, 1 C of broccoli! Try it out and let me know what you think!

I hope you all have a great weekend! And see you back on Monday with Day 6! I think tonight's supper is going to consist of pizza and salads that are delivered! 

Much love ~ Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top