I'm just going to start the post with the verdict is still out at our house on this recipe.
Me✓
Chan╳
Kathlyn✓
Bo ╳
Before
I don't even have a picture to show you of what our dinner looked like when it was done cooking because I just couldn't get a good enough picture of the sirloin tips and gravy that would make you want to try it. When I told my husband this, he smirked, "Well, that should be a huge indicator in whether or not you should make this meal again!"
Even though he ate every bite, my husband said it was a little to thick for his liking and didn't want to eat it again. I loved it! I paired mine with cauliflower mashed potatoes and I thought it was great. Kathlyn also loved the meat (the meat was so tender), but Bo wouldn't even look at it.
So was it good enough to add our monthly rotation...probably not! I would definitely eat it again, but, of course, it's not worth making for only half of my family.
Would I encourage you to make it....I would but not because it was a huge hit at our house, but because I need someone else to try it and be on my side!!! So try it out, and let me know what you think. My husband will be just as intrigued to see who ends up on his side!
Here is the link to the recipe: Slow-cooker Beef Sirloin Tips and Gravy...I made it exactly as the recipe stated. A healthy serving would be 3/4 C of the tips/gravy and 1 C of the cauliflower mashed potatoes. If cauliflower rice is not your thing, then 1/2 C of mashed potatoes.
So off topic, have any of you tried Mashed Cauliflower before? This was my first, and I thought it was so good. Let me know your thoughts!
Much Love ~ Becky
No comments :
Post a Comment