So let me just start this out by saying I wasn't planning on making this slow-cooker meal until the day before and it's probably one of my favorite ones, yet! I planned all the meals out at the beginning of the month, and I somehow planned pot roast for two nights this week, and I wasn't feeling it. So I decided to change it up and look for a quick breakfast slow-cooker meal right before I headed to the grocery store. We love to have breakfast for supper around here, so I can't believe I didn't think of this when I first started planning the slow-cooker challenge.
Now, of course, it doesn't go without mention that my husband only took one bite, and said he wasn't eating it because it has turkey bacon. He despises turkey bacon, and I thought I could get away with it, but I couldn't. He wants me to try it again using real bacon or just leaving the bacon out completely. My daughter loved it though, so I wasn't the only one in my family who liked it.
To me, there are three things I really loved about this meal. First, it is meal plan approved, so no worries about going over on any of my servings. Second, I used turkey sausage and no one com-plained! Third, it has cauliflower rice in the recipe and my daughter still ate it! Woohoo!
Ingredients
8 large eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 bag of frozen cauliflower rice
additional salt and pepper to season the layers
up to one small onion, diced
8 slices of low sodium, all natural turkey bacon, cooked and diced
1 lb. of ground turkey sausage, browned
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions
Spray your crock pot with olive or coconut oil spray.
Mix eggs, almond milk, dry mustard, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
Place about a third of the shredded/riced cauliflower in an even layer in the bottom of the slow cooker, and top with about a third of the onion. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, the top with about a third of the bacon, a third of the sausage, and a third of the cheese. Repeat the layers two more times.
Pour the egg mixture over the contents of the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 5-7 hours, or until eggs are set and the top is browned. Yum!
Cut the casserole into 6 equal servings for a healthy serving size. I served ours with a cup of fruit as well.
Can't wait to hear how you like it!
Much love ~ Becky

No comments :
Post a Comment