So after my first chicken slow-cooker fail this week, I was ready to redeem myself! This recipe looked so good to me from the very beginning because of the "honey garlic." I, personally, love sweet and salty things together, so I was hoping this would be really good! And it was! It was a hit with everyone in the family.
The best part was I was able to cook a meat and three sides all in one dish...my favorite way to cook supper!!!! The chicken was so tender, and, to me, the carrots were the best part. The sauce was amazing, and just the right touch!
The only change I made from the recipe I used was...I halved everything, I omitted the parsley leaves and red pepper flakes, and I, actually, cooked my green beans in the microwave because we like them a little softer in my house.
Ingredients
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
8 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
8 ounces baby carrots
8 ounces green beans, trimmed
Sauce
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/8 cup ketchup
1 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, and pepper.
Place chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and soy sauce mixture into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, basting every hour (I only did it once, and it was fine). Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
Optional: Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken thighs onto a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
Serve!
A healthy serving would be 4 oz chicken thigh, 1/2 cup of potatoes, 1/2 cup of carrots, and 1/2 cup of green beans. I made my kids some macaroni and cheese to have as one of their sides, as well.
Let me know if you try it out! I hope you all have a great weekend, and I will be back on Monday with our last week of slow-cooker meals!
Much love ~ Becky

No comments :
Post a Comment