Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Crusted Salmon and Veggie One Sheet Pan Meal


I love to eat salmon, but I really only like it grilled.  It's something about the texture the grill gives the fish that I just love.  So when I first saw this recipe, I was a little worried, but then I thought that the crusted top would give the fish the texture I needed! And, I was right! It was really good and, of course, super simple to cook the fish and the vegetables all on one sheet pan.  And even better, it was easy clean up.  

Ingredients:
1 C of Whole-wheat bread crumbs
1/3 C of parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp of dried chives
Salmon filets (no skin)
1 sweet potato chopped in 1 inch cubes
1 onion chopped in 1 inch squares
Brussel sprouts halved
oil (I use garlic flavored oil)
salt 
pepper

Preheat oven at 400 degrees.  Chop all the veggies and drizzle with oil and salt.  I have garlic flavored oil that I buy from a friend, so I love to drizzle that over the veggies.  Line the sheet pan with aluminum foil and place vegetables on one side of the pan.  Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes.  While the vegetables are cooking, mix the bread crumbs, cheese, and chives.  Rub the fish with some oil and salt/pepper, and then top each salmon filet with the bread crumb mixture.  When the vegetables have cooked the 15 minutes, take the sheet pan out and place the salmon on the other side.  Put the pan back and cook for another 10-12 minutes or until the fish is flaky and vegetables are soft enough to your liking.  A healthy serving would be 4 oz of salmon, and 1 to 2 cups of vegetables.  Most vegetables I have cooked take that long to roast in the oven so if you don't like brussel sprouts, then you can switch them out for asparagus, green beans, squash, broccoli, or zucchini.  

The night we ate this we even had our dinner on paper plates, so I literally only had to clean our silverware, cups, and the things I used for prepping.  Such an easy night of cooking and cleaning and no stress! 

Much love ~ Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top