There are so many different ways to make chicken fajitas...stovetop, slow-cooker, grill, or oven. My favorites would be grill or stovetop, but if I had to choose the easiest it would be the oven! I modified the recipe from this blog: http://mixandmatchmama.com/2017/07/sheet-tray-supper-chicken-fajita-tacos/ and they were so good! The places I buy my meat from do not have "fajitas seasoned" chicken like the recipe had in the link to the recipe I modified, so I had to make mine one. You could also just buy the fajita seasoning already made up at the grocery store, but just make sure to do the all natural and low-sodium one.
Fajita Seasoning
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Ingredients
1 pound of chicken tenders
1 sweet onion sliced
1 or 2 red peppers sliced
1 or 2 green peppers sliced
oil
salt
pepper
Preheat the oven at 400 degrees. Mixed up the seasoning ingredients and spread over the chicken tenders and vegetables if you prefer. I let mine sit overnight, but I would think 30 minutes to an hour would be good enough. Line the sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray or rub with oil. Place the chicken and vegetables on the sheet pan and drizzle oil over the top of everything. Also, sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes. When done, serve with whatever ingredients your family prefers. We like corn tortillas, salsa, greek yogurt and cheese.
A healthy serving would be 4 oz of chicken, 2 corn tortillas, 1 Tbsp of salsa on each, 1 Tbsp of greek yogurt on each, and 1 Tbsp of cheese on each. But these are so good, I usually don't even put the greek yogurt or cheese on mine! Enjoy!
A healthy serving would be 4 oz of chicken, 2 corn tortillas, 1 Tbsp of salsa on each, 1 Tbsp of greek yogurt on each, and 1 Tbsp of cheese on each. But these are so good, I usually don't even put the greek yogurt or cheese on mine! Enjoy!
Much love ~ Becky
No comments :
Post a Comment