I posted 5 delicious summer-friendly slow-cooker recipes awhile back. Well, if you haven’t already made the Pork Carnitas, get ready to have lots of leftover meat. It freezes very well or you can turn it into three other meals. Now, I am not endorsing these as “healthy” leftover meals, but they are good!
1.Barbecue Sandwich
2.Barbecue Quesadillas (Believe me…these are good!)
3.Nachos
You could make them on the lighter side with some of the following tips:
1. Only use about 6-8 chips for the nachos. I also made my on chips from corn tortillas. I just cut them up and cook them in the oven on 425 degrees until they are crispy.
2. You could have an open-faced barbecue sandwich with only 2 Tbsp. or less of barbecue sauce. Add other things to make the sandwich have more flavors.
3. Only use about 2 Tbsp. of cheese for the quesadilla and a small amount of barbecue sauce. I also like to use corn tortillas or fat-free tortillas.

No comments :
Post a Comment