Back in August, I bought a subscription to the Clean Eating magazine, and I have loved it! I so wish my family and I could eat clean 24/7, but with my kids and a husband who likes to eat, that's just impossible to do. So when I find a somewhat "clean" recipe that I know they like, I am ecstatic!
I love the gravy with this recipe, and the ease of the Instant Pot! Plus, it's healthy and fits in our meal plan!
You can access the magazine's recipe here, but I did make a few changes for us!
Ingredients
1 lb lean ground beef
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, divided
1 tbsp unsalted tomato paste
2 tsp Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil, divided
2 tsp organic unsalted butter
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
4 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 tbsp white whole-wheat flour
1 cup low-sodium beef broth
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
In a large bowl, combine beef, 1½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, mustard, ½ tsp each salt and pepper and garlic. Mix well and form into 4 patties. Sprinkle both sides of patties with remaining ¼ tsp each salt and pepper.
In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Cook patties, flipping once, until no longer pink inside, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm.
Reduce heat on skillet to medium and melt butter. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and softened, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until browned and softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in broth, vinegar and remaining ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer until gravy is thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
Divide patties among plates; top with gravy.
For the green beans, you need 1/2 pound of green beans, 1 Tbsp of butter, 1/4 tsp of minced garlic, and 3/4 cup of water. Pour everything into the Instant Pot, and set it on manual for 5 minutes. Release the pressure when done!
A healthy serving would be a patty that is 4 oz with about 2 Tbsp of gravy, and 1 cup of green beans.
I hope you enjoy!
Becky
No comments :
Post a Comment