My favorite part of this one sheet pan recipe is the marinade! It is so good, and gives the chicken and the vegetables a good taste. The only thing my husband requested was to make extra for next time so he can put a little more over it and the side of brown rice he had. So I strongly suggest that if you like a little more sauce or marinade with your stir fry and rice. I found the original recipe here, but I did make some changes.
Marinade/Sauce (Double and save half for sauce later)
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1 pound chicken tenders cut into 1-inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 orange bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
2 C broccoli florets
2 C carrots, thinly sliced
1 yellow onion , thinly sliced
1 tsp garlic, minced
salt and fresh ground pepper
toasted sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 425F.
Line a sheet pan with foil and place it in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare the marinade/sauce by combining the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey and ground ginger in a mixing bowl; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
In a separate bowl, combine chicken pieces, peppers, broccoli, carrots, onions, and garlic.
Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and veggies and season with salt and pepper; mix and stir until well combined.
Carefully remove sheet pan from the oven; transfer the chicken and vegetables flat on the hot baking sheet.
Put the baking sheet back in the oven and cook, stirring halfway through, until the chicken is fully cooked, about 12 to 14 minutes.
Next, I wanted my chicken and vegetables a little crispy and the juices soaked up, so I put it on broil for about 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper.
Top with sesame seeds.
A healthy serving would be 3/4 cup of chicken, 1 cup of vegetables, and 1/2 cup of brown rice {I just cooked the 6-minute microwave kind}.
Enjoy!
Becky
No comments :
Post a Comment