Sunday, January 14, 2018

A dinner idea that makes everyone happy!


I don't know about you, but I have different kinds of eaters at my house, and it's hard to make everyone happy! I like to limit my carbs, but my husband needs carbs and cheese, and my kids are just all over the place! So it's dinners like this one where I can mix and match and make everyone happy with out any extra work!

I used the recipe below for Brisket sliders to cook the meat for the sliders my husband and I would be eating.  

Ingredients
1 C ketchup 
1/2 C low-sodium beef broth
1/4 C white vinegar vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar 
2 Tbsp smoked paprika
3 sp minced garlic
3 lb organic or grass-fed beef brisket, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
1 small yellow onion, chopped
8–10 whole-wheat slider buns, halved 
1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced into half-moons

In a large zip-top or glass container, whisk together ketchup, broth, vinegar, sugar, paprika, and garlic. Seal bag; massage ingredients together to combine.
Add brisket and yellow onion. Seal and shake to combine. Let marinate overnight.  
Transfer brisket mixture from bag or container to a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer brisket to a large shallow bowl. Using 2 forks, shred meat. Spoon some of the sauce mixture over meat. Pour remaining sauce into a small bowl.

Now comes the part where you make everyone happy! Assemble the sliders with whatever each person in your family wants.  So for me I had 3/4 cup of meat divided between two slider bottoms topped with some red onions {no cheese or slider top for me}.  My husband had 3/4 cup of meat divided between two slider bottoms with onions and cheese and, of course the slider top.  My kids got a slice of turkey and some cheese on their slider because they weren't having the brisket.  I put them in the oven with it on broil for a few minutes to toast the sliders and melt the cheese, and then supper was ready! 

What are some ways you make everyone in your house happy without having to do extra work?
Much love ~ Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top