Thursday, December 28, 2017
Slow-cooker Red Beans and Rice
This is by far the easiest red beans and rice recipe I have ever made, and it is so good! I think we liked it so much because it didn't have many ingredients, so you really got to enjoy the beans, sausage, and rice! And it's a slow-cooker meal, so you can fix it and forget about it until later!
I used the exact recipe from here! She actually has several cookbooks which I have purchased, and this recipe is in one of them called Mix and Match Mama Eats.
As far as the rice, I cooked Jasmine rice for my husband and kids {pictured above}. I just popped in some brown rice in the microwave for myself!
A healthy serving would be about 1/4 cup of brown rice, 1/4 cup of beans, and 3/4 cup of sausage. I know that's hard to do when the beans and sausage are mixed up together, but just try your best. Being off a little isn't too bad.
I hope you enjoy!
Much love ~ Becky
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment