This is another quick, easy, and healthy meal. It includes a healthy serving of protein, vegetable, and carb, and will definitely fill you up and give you a much needed energy boost! Plus, the shrimp is the only thing you cook because I just cook the rice and broccoli in the microwave! Totally worth it!
Ingredients
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
2 teaspoons olive oil
Whisk the honey, soy sauce, and garlic together in a medium bowl.
Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware. Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours.
Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for later
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in the skillet {discard marinade from bag} Cook shrimp on one side until pink-- about 45 seconds-- then flip shrimp over.
Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
If you can manage multitasking, then while you are preparing and cooking the shrimp, you can also cook the rice and broccoli. Now, I like things easy...so I grabbed the frozen brown rice and frozen broccoli from the freezer section, and cooked these according to the directions on the bag {separately, of course}.
To assemble the bowls, place 1/2 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of broccoli, and 3/4 cup of shrimp. Then pour 2 Tbsp of marinade over top.
I got this recipe from here with only a few of my own modifications.
I hope you enjoy!
Much love ~ Becky

No comments :
Post a Comment