Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Quick & Easy Greek Omelet


I have made this omelet so many times, that I have the exact recipe memorized.  Several years ago, I bought the American Heart Association Quick and Easy Cookbook! Several recipes from this cookbook have became a part of our normal monthly rotation, and this is one of them.  

Ingredients
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp water
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 C shredded spinach
1/2 C chopped tomato
1 Tbsp olives {I just use the canned version}
1 Tbsp crumbled low-fat feta cheese
1/2 tsp pepper

Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, onion, water, and oregano.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom.  Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, swirling to coat the bottom.  Cook for 30 seconds.  Using a spatula, carefully lift the cooked edges of the omelet and tilt the skillet so the uncooked portion flows under the edge. Cook until no runniness remains, repeating the lift and tilt procedure.  
Sprinkle the spinach, tomato, olives, and feta over half of the omelet.  Using a spatula, carefully fold the half with no filling over the other half.
Gently slide the omelet onto a plate. Sprinkle with pepper.  This makes two healthy servings, so cut in half to serve! Enjoy!

Much love ~ Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top