Monday, December 18, 2017

Healthy for the Holidays ~ Week 2 {December 18th}

So, I'm just going to be honest...the next week is going to be crazy with all the Christmas festivities! But, I am going to plan a couple of nights for supper, and and have some healthy snacks prepped. I probably won't do much lunch prepping because we are just going to be out and about so much this week, but here are the three rules I am going to stick to this week: 

1. At least 30 minutes of exercise a day {even Saturday and Sunday}.  I don't always like to workout on the weekends, but it's the holidays and I know I am eating foods I don't normally eat, so keeping up the exercise is important.  And, I mean, 30 minutes is really nothing in the grand scheme of things.  It's more me getting over myself and just doing it! 

2. Stick to healthy portion sizes {when I can}.  So on a typical day I try to have 3 servings of vegetables {each 1 cup}, 2 servings of fruit {each 1 cup}, 2 servings of carbs {each 1/2 cup}, 4 servings of protein {4 oz or 3/4 of cup each}, and 1 healthy fat {4 Tbsp.}.  I am going to try to stick to this as much as possible.  Eating the vegetables will be important, and so will the protein.  I need to stay "filled" so when I go to eat a cookie it doesn't end up being the whole batch.  

3. Drink lots {and I mean lots} of water.  I like to drink at least 64 ounces of water a day! This goal is non-negotiable because, in my opinion, not matter what I am eating or doing, I can always drink water!  

I read a quote yesterday that said we need to eat foods that will fill our bodies and our hearts! So enjoy those foods that make you happy too {like chocolate}, but don’t over do it.  As I can't promise there won't be a cookie or two eaten this week, but I am still going to make some healthier choices in other areas. 

So for snacks, I am going to have some broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas, and cucumbers chopped and ready to eat with some healthy homemade ranch dressing. For breakfast, I will either have a shake or two eggs and piece of peanut butter toast! 


Here are some supper ideas: 










Open - Faced Steak Sandwiches {TREAT YOURSELF Meal} 

 I hope you have a great {and healthy} week!
Much love ~ Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top