Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Sweet Potato Noodles with Pancetta and Over Medium Egg


So I am just calling this recipe Egg Delight for short because it was absolutely delightful, and I seriously could have eaten 4 servings.  I was home one day for lunch, and instead of eating a quick lunch and then getting busy and grading some papers, I decided to procrastinate and make this recipe.  I had all intentions of making it for supper one night, but I, as I said above, I was trying to do anything except grade papers.  But I do love how you could really personalize this meal, and make it for one person like I did at lunch, or for multiple people.  

The original recipe called for butternut squash noodles, but we don't have a fancy grocery store that will make these noodles for me, nor do I have a vegetable noodle maker, so I went with sweet potato noodles.  Luckily, my store did have these.  I also don't really care for poached eggs as the original recipe called for, so I just did my eggs over medium eggs.  And the pancetta in the recipe just makes everything so perfect. 

 I just really can't get over how good this was.  It was really so perfect, I don't even want to try the original recipe I found.  I sent the picture above to Chan right before I ate it, and he was not too happy I left him out of this meal.  I will definitely be making it again for him and me!

Ingredients
Olive oil spray
sweet potato noodles {1/2 for each bowl}
garlic flavored oil {or olive oil and minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
 eggs {1 for each bowl}
2 ounces of pancetta {for each bowl}
Pecorino Romano cheese
Parsley

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Lightly spray the baking with olive oil.  Toss the sweet potato noodles with garlic oil (2/3 Tbsp), salt, and pepper.  Cook for 20 to 25 minutes.  
Meanwhile, cook your eggs over medium or however you prefer.  Easy serving should get 1 egg.  
In a skillet, cook the pancetta over medium heat, stirring until slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.  
In each bowl, place 1/2 cup of sweet potato noodles,  1 over medium egg, 2 oz of pancetta, 2 Tbsp of cheese, and parsley.  

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
Much love ~ Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top