Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year. Mostly because of the food, but, of course, what the holiday stands for. I am so thankful for many things, and Thanksgiving food is one of them. And one of the things I love the most....Pecan Pie! That and pumpkin pie are my favorite...and I usually on splurge on them during the holiday season! And, if I'm being honest, I will be eating the real thing on Thanksgiving, but these little Pecan Pie Bites were so good and SO addicting. Because they are little, I think I can eat the whole batch. Each one is only 58 calories and if you do weight watchers, only 2 points. Not bad in my opinion!
And they were super easy to make...like you can't mess these up!
1 package of 15 mini phyllo shells
½ cup chopped pecans
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons half and half cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
Pre-heat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Unwrap the package of phyllo shells and place them on the baking sheet
In a mixing bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar, half and half, vanilla and salt and stir together until well mixed.
Spoon the pecan mixture evenly into the phyllo shells and place the baking sheet in the oven.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges of the shells start to turn golden and the filling is heated through.
I hope you enjoy!
Much love ~ Becky

No comments :
Post a Comment