Sunday, October 22, 2017

Shrimp & Quinoa Bowl


I've decided I really like "bowl" meals.  They are easy and filling, and I just feel like I am eating a whole bunch of food when I am really eating a very healthy portion.  My family also likes them because I can arrange the bowls to fit their likes.  The kids only wanted the quinoa and shrimp, and my husband wanted his shrimp and vegetables over pasta.  Super easy changes for a super easy and delicious meal.  

Whole Wheat Quinoa
Raw Shrimp  
1/2 cup Fresh Parmesan 
2/3 cup Olive Oil
4 Tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp of brown sugar
4 Garlic Cloves 
1 onion, sliced
2 Red Peppers, sliced
Parsley 
Himalayan Salt 
Ground Pepper 

Cook quinoa according to package and set aside.  Heat large skillet to medium and add oil, soy sauce, red peppers, onion, brown sugar, and garlic cloves. Cook until peppers and onions are soft.  Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper and hint of parmesan.  Cook until pink- 2 minutes on each side. 
To make make the bowl you need 1/2 cup of quinoa, 3/4 cup of shrimp, and 1 cup of peppers and onions.   Garnish with parmesan cheese.  

I hope you enjoy! 
Much love ~ Becky 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top