Healthy Egg & Avocado Salad
Over the summer, my friend made this egg salad with avocados, and served it on cucumbers, and I never stopped thinking about it. It was so good, so I was excited to make my own. This recipe was so easy, and my husband and I both loved it. He even ate some for leftovers the next day {which he doesn't do often}. In the picture, you can see three different ways to serve it...on bread, on low-fat wheat-things, or cucumbers. Obviously, the cucumbers are the the healthiest way, and actually my favorite way.
Ingredients
8 hard boiled eggs
2 avocados pit and skin removed and chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/3 C onion chopped
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
bread, cucumbers {peeled and sliced}, or wheat thins for serving
Add all the ingredients to a bowl, mash, and stir. Serve on whatever your heart's desire. A healthy version would be with 1 cup of cucumbers and 1 Tbsp of the salad on each.
I hope you enjoy!
Much love ~ Becky
Much love ~ Becky
No comments :
Post a Comment