Monday, August 21, 2017

Cobb Kinda of Pizza ~ 21 Day Fix Style


We love pizza.  Of course, normal pizza with tomato sauce and cheese and pepperonis! But when I saw this recipe, I thought it would be interesting to try.  The premise of course is that you are having your "cobb salad" on your pizza, so all of the toppings and sauce are those things you would put on your typical cobb salad.  The Greek Yogurt and mayonnaise base for the pizza was what I was most interested in trying...and my husband and I were very pleasantly surprised.  It was such a refreshing taste and so good!!! Now...the kids were not as impressed and wanted their "normal" pizza back, but it was a nice treat for the husband and I! 
The original recipe that I got from Cooking Light has a few differences from the recipe I posted below, but I wanted to make it fit into my meal plan as much as possible.  And I think I got pretty close. I don't stress over getting the 21 Day Fix containers exactly, so I didn't count the sauce.  But with the 2 tortillas, bacon, cheese, and vegetables I counted it as 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Blue, and 1 Green.  

Corn tortillas
1/4 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt 
2 tablespoons low-fat milk
2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise 
1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes 
1/4 cup vertically sliced red onion 
8 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, shredded 
1 1/2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1/3 cup) 
1/2 cup packed spinach 
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil 
1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup) 
2 turkey bacon slices, cooked and crumbled 
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Step 1
Preheat oven to 450°F. Cook the tortillas until slightly brown and then take them out.

Step 2
Combine yogurt, milk, and mayonnaise in a bowl; spread over tortillas, leaving a 1-inch border. Top evenly with tomatoes, onion, chicken, and mozzarella; bake at 450F for 5 minutes. Place spinach and oil in a bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle spinach mixture, blue cheese, bacon, and pepper over tortillas.

Here is the original recipe from Cooking Light:http://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/cobb-pizza

Much Love ~ Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top