Happy 4th of July! What better way to celebrate than with fireworks and Bang Bang Shrimp! My husband, and I love this entree from one of our favorite restaurants, Bonefish, so when I saw some healthier versions online, and combined and modified, and I ended up with an amazing recipe. We were so shocked at how good the sauce was!
I have this obsession with finding healthy versions of our favorite things to eat! I like to stick to a healthy meal plan, but I don't sacrifice taste! I think we have tried over 10 different potato soup recipes around here because we love it so much, and were not going to take it off our rotation of suppers just because our first recipe wasn't "meal-plan" approved. (In case you were wondering, we have found a delicious, healthy option after many attempts.) I hope you enjoy this Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe as much as we did!
Ingredients:
1 pound peeled, deveined, tail-off, large shrimp (frozen is fine if you thaw)
1/2 cup whole wheat Panko bread crumbs
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 egg whites
2 teaspoon coconut oil
**Some recipes added coconut flakes to the bread crumbs
Ingredients for Sauce:
3 T plain greek low-fat/fat free yogurt
3 T chopped green onion, plus more for garnish
1 1/2 T sweet chili sauce (I used Franks brand)
1/2-3/4 T sriracha sauce (Mexican aisle)
Instructions –
Pat the shrimp dry. Whisk together the egg whites and the coconut oil in one bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together bread crumbs, garlic and onion powder. Drop the shrimp in the egg whites and give them a good stir. Pick them out and place in the coconut /bread crumb mixture. Shake them around until they are coated, place them individually on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for no more than 20 minutes, they will be golden brown. Mix sauce ingredients thoroughly and serve!
And, of course, eating this entire recipe by yourself, would probably cancel out the "healthy" part of this recipe, so here is a "healthy" serving: 3/4 cup of shrimp with 2 Tbsp of sauce. And if you are like me then, you will probably still be hungry, so add some brown rice or side salad.
And, of course, eating this entire recipe by yourself, would probably cancel out the "healthy" part of this recipe, so here is a "healthy" serving: 3/4 cup of shrimp with 2 Tbsp of sauce. And if you are like me then, you will probably still be hungry, so add some brown rice or side salad.
I combined and modified this recipe from these two websites: http://www.thecookierookie.com/bang-bang-shrimp/ and http://www.adventuresofashrinkingprincess.com/course/21-day-fix-bang-bang-shrimp/
Much love ~ Becky

No comments :
Post a Comment