Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Oven-Roasted Okra


I might have found a way to cook okra my whole family likes!!! Usually, my husband and Kathlyn like it boiled, I like it roasted, and Bo won't even look at it.  But this oven-roasted recipe was a hit with everyone...except maybe Bo...he did eat the outside part though.

Ingredients
1 pound of fresh okra
3/4 C of low-fat buttermilk {I just used regular milk because I didn't have buttermilk}
1 large egg
1 C fine yellow cornmeal
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp of canola oil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees with baking sheet in the oven.
Gently smash the okra.
Whisk together milk and egg. Add okra and let stand for 3 minutes.  
Combine the cornmeal, salt, and pepper.  Dredge okra in the mixture.  
Add 2 Tbsp of canola oil to hot baking sheet; tilt to coat entire pan.
Add okra and coat with cooking spray.  Bake until crisp (25-30 minutes, turning once).

Enjoy!
Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top