Thursday, April 19, 2018

Healthy Chicken Caesar Salad Pasta


This recipe was so good! This was a picture of my husbands dish {because I ate mine before I could get a picture}, but I had veggie noodles with mine and no croutons, and it was still so good! It was a quick meal that we ate for supper, but then had lots of leftovers for lunch a couple of days.  I didn't really change much from the original recipe except I did make my own Caesar dressing, and put the recipe below. Just watch your portion sizes.  A cup is good enough for one meal, but you should probably add a side veggie or fruit to fill you up! Enjoy!

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
salt and pepper for chicken
1 lemon
1 pound whole-wheat pasta, cooked according to package directions and immediately rinsed with cold water
1 C chopped romaine lettuce
1 1/2 C halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 C chopped green onions
1/3 C chopped fresh basil
1/3 C Caesar salad dressing (I made my own..see recipe below)
1/2 C shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 C croutons (for my husband and kids)

Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. 
Cook chicken for about 3 or 4 minutes per side, seasoning with salt and pepper as it cooks. 
When chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in center, remove from heat and transfer to a cutting board. 
Chop chicken into small bite-size pieces.  Allow to cool while assembling the salad.
In a large mixing bowl combine cooked and cooled pasta, romaine, tomatoes, green onion, and basil. Add Caesar salad dressing and toss to combine. Add cooked, chopped chicken, and the croutons. Toss again and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Caesar Salad Dressing
8 oz nonfat plain yogurt
¼ C mayonnaise
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 anchovies (or 1 to 2 tsp. anchovy paste)
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Place all ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until smooth.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top