Anytime we have some vegetables we need to eat before they get bad, I make egg frittata! I probably never make this recipe the same way because I am always using different vegetables, but I think my favorite vegetables to use would be onions, tomatoes, asparagus, and red peppers. It's just one of those super easy meals you can make at the last minute.
Ingredients
2 large eggs
6 egg whites
salt and pepper taste
1/2 cup of onions
1/2 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup of asparagus spears
1/2 cup of red peppers
1/2 cup of cheese
1/4 cup of cheese, for topping
Whisk the eggs together.
Saute all of the vegetables until soft, and add to egg mixture. Add 1/2 cup of chcese.
Pour in a baking dish that has been sprayed with or oiled. I like to use a pie dish.
Cook at 375 degrees until center is set. About 12-15 minutes.
Once the center is set, add cheese to the top, and put back in the oven.
Turn the oven to broil, and broil until cheese is melted and top is browned.
Divide into 8 equal pieces, and 2 pieces would be a healthy serving.
I hope you enjoy!
Much Love ~ Becky

No comments :
Post a Comment