Keeping with the Greek theme, I wanted to post this recipe. Wednesday nights are the busiest for us, so dinner has to be quick and simple which means slow-cooker or one pan meals. This is the easiest one pan stove top recipe I have every made. We eat it all the time and everybody in my family loves it.#win
I like to say it is a healthy version of Hamburger Helper. A good serving would be about 3/4 cup of the meat mixture, 1/2 cup of the noodles, and 2 Tbsp of feta.
Ingredients
1 pound of extra-lean ground beef
2 cups fat-free n-salt-added beef broth
1 14.5 ounce can no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
2 tbsp chopped olives (can version is fine)
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
4 oz dried whole-grain rotini (I add more than the recipe calls for because my kids like the noodles more than anything else)
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
*the recipe also calls for frozen spinach, but as much as I love spinach, I just didn’t like it in here
In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes, or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally to turn and break up the beef.
Stir in the broth, tomatoes with liquid, olives, oregano, onion powder, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
Stir in pasta. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
Sprinkle with feta.
I hope you enjoy it!
Much love ~ Becky
No comments :
Post a Comment